Monday, August 22, 2016

You mad bro?


Ok, so I was going to write about the downfall of sexual sin and lust.  But, as I write this, I find that I am troubled.

You see, I had to deal with some issues at home that are upsetting and as a parent, you sometimes can't help but be angry at your kids.

But, is this what God wants?  Short answer.  NO.  Disciplining your children should come from a place of love, and not anger.  Is it ever OK to be angry?

There is righteous anger, but I don't think anyone but Christ could accomplish that.  In one of my favorite books, (James) we are told "human anger does not produce that righteousness that God desires."  It turns out that the Bible has a lot to say on anger.

Psalms tells us to refrain from anger.  Is that even possible when anger is such a common human emotion?

Well, if we are casting all our cares upon him, then I believe it could be possible.  I used to have a problem with anger.  Since then, I have been asking God to allow me to be an example of His love.  If we are reflecting God and how He views others, then why isn't our first reaction to pray for those who cut us off on the highway.  Why isn't our gut reaction to feel sorry for those who really upset us?  Well, the simple answer is because we live in a fallen world.

So, when circumstances upset us, and we get angry perhaps by following these simple steps we can avoid sinning in anger.

1. Pray
    Somebody cuts you off? Pray for them.  Maybe their loved one is dying or there is some sort of           emergency.  Kids upset you? Pray.  Pray for patience and the best way to deal with your children.
2. See others how Christ would see them.  He would love them unconditionally.  Nothing can separate us from Christ's Love. Shouldn't it be the same for us if we are to reflect Christ?
3. Be still.  Psalms 46:10 God is still in control.

I challenge you next time you are mad, follow these steps and see if it helps.

25 Verses on anger

No comments:

Post a Comment